Coal is a combustible black or brownish-black sedimentary rock usually occurring in rock strata in layers or veins called coal beds or coal seams. The harder forms, such as anthracite coal, can be regarded as metamorphic rock because of later exposure to elevated temperature and pressure. Coal is composed primarily of carbon along with variable quantities of other elements, chiefly hydrogen, sulfur, oxygen, and nitrogen.
1. Coal is primarily used as a solid fuel to produce electricity and heat through combustion.
2. Coal is used for electricity generation, it is usually pulverized and then combusted in a furnace with a boiler.
3. Coal gasification can be used to produce syngas, a mixture of carbon monoxide (CO) and hydrogen (H2) gas.
4. Coal can also be converted into synthetic fuels equivalent to gasoline or diesel by several different processes.
For coal mill, you have several types to choose. Ball mill is widely used in mineral grinding mill industry. Ball mill has simple structure, low cost, high capacity and convenient maintenance.
Vertical coal mill is also called LM series vertical roller mill, and is also widely used in mineral grinding mill industry. Vertical coal mill is big in appearance with high capacity. Raymond Mill is the early grinding mill, but now is still used widely.
|Ball Mill||LM Vertical Grinding Mill||Raymond Mill|
1. Through crushing and screening process to get the requirement sizes.
2. Increasing heating value, by removing noncombustible ash and rock by gravity separation.
3. Removing or controlling undesirable mineral and chemical components by a combination of gravity separation and blending.
After coal comes out of the ground, it typically goes on a conveyor belt to a preparation plant. The plant cleans and processes coal to remove dirt, rock, ash, sulfur, increasing the heating value of the coal. During this coal processing, the used industrial equipment can be called coal processing equipments.