Feldspars are a group of rock-forming tectosilicate minerals which make up as much as 60% of the Earth's crust.
Feldspars crystallize from magma in both intrusive and extrusive igneous rocks, as veins, and are also present in many types of metamorphic rock. Rock formed almost entirely of calcic plagioclase feldspar (see below) is known as anorthosite. Feldspars are also found in many types of sedimentary rock.
Feldspar is generally used for three purposes
1. In making the body composition of several types of procelain, china and earthenware and also in the preparation of glazes and enamel.
2. As an important ingredient in the glass sand batch.
3. As a bonding agent in the manufacture of bonded abrasives like wheels and discs of garnet, corundum, emery etc.
The glass and ceramic industries are the major consumers of feldspar and account for 95% of the total consumption.
Jaw crusher can be used in the primary crushing, and then use impact crusher for the secondary crushing. Mostly, according to the quarry conditions, mobile crushers are also used in the feldspar quarrying. To make feldspar powder, grinding mill is a necessary machine，including ball mill, Raymond mill, vertical mill, trapezium mill, coarse powder mill, and ultrafine mill, etc.
|Mobile Crushing Plant||Jaw Crusher||Impact Crusher||Ball Mill|
|Raymond Mill||Micro Powder Mill||Vertical Grinding Mill||MTW Trapezoid Mill|
The process of feldspar crushing includes primary crushing and secondary crushing.
1. After the two stages of feldspar crushing, large feldspar whose diameter is approximately 1.5 meters has changed into feldspar particle, and the size of feldspar particles can achieve to 25mm or less.
2. In the grinding process, crushed feldspar powder is grinded into powder with the fineness requirement of 200 mesh by grinding mill.