Calcite is a carbonate mineral and the most stable polymorph of calcium carbonate (CaCO3). The other polymorphs are the minerals aragonite and vaterite. Aragonite will change to calcite at 380-470°C and vaterite is even less stable.
CALCITE is a carbonate of lime (CaCo3). It is also known by the name calc-spar.
1. Calcite in pulverized form finds use mostly as filler in rubber and textile goods.
2. A considerable quantity is also used in the ceramics industry for the preparation of glazes.
3. Super white quality of calcite in powder form (-300 mesh) is used in the manufacture of paint and distemper.
4. Calcite is now insecticides. It is also used in the manufacture of cement, calcium carbide, metal polish and sometimes also as a fluxing agent.
5. The transparent and clear crystals are used in the optical industry, for the manufacture of nicol prism.
Large calcite materials are sent into the jaw crusher by vibrating feeder through a hopper for primary crushing. After first crushing, the material will be transferred to impact crusher by belt conveyor for secondary crushing; the crushed calcite materials will then be transferred to vibrating screen for separating. After separating, the parts that can meet standard will be transferred away as final products, while the rest will be returned to impact crusher, thus forming a closed circuit. Size of final products can be combined and graded according to your specific requirement.
|Vibrating Feeder||Jaw Crusher||CS Cone Crusher||Vibrating Screen|
Vibrating feeder will feed calcite materials into grinding chamber. After being grinded, the powder will be blowed to cyclone by blower. Then the material will be transferred to storage room through pipes, and then will be discharged as final products.
|Ball Mill||Micro Powder Mill||Vertical Grinding Mill||MTW Trapezoid Mill|