Iron ores are rocks and minerals from which metallic iron can be economically extracted. The ores are usually rich in iron oxides and vary in color from dark grey, bright yellow, deep purple, to rusty red. The iron itself is usually found in the form of magnetite (Fe3O4), hematite (Fe2O3), goethite (Foe (OH)), limonite (Foe (OH).n (H2O)) or siderite (FeCO3).
1. Mostly, iron ore is used for making steel.
2. Powdered iron: used in metallurgy products, magnets, high-frequency cores, auto parts, catalyst. Radioactive iron (iron 59): in medicine, tracer element in biochemical and metallurgical research.
Kefid is specialized in making iron ore beneficiation equipments and supplies crushers and grinding mills for iron ore beneficiation plant.
The most commonly used crushers and grinding mills in iron ore crushing and grinding process are Jaw Crusher, Cone Crusher, Hammer Crusher and Ball Mill, Micro Powder Mill, etc. In iron ore mining, miner usually chooses a complete iron ore crushing line for metallurgy.
|Jaw Crusher||CS Cone Crusher||Hammer Crusher||Ball Mill|
Mostly iron ore is used for making steel. So we need the extraction of a pure metal from its ore. The extract the metal from ores, several physical and chemical methods are used. The method used depending upon chemical properties and nature of the ore from:
1. Crushing and grinding of the ore.
2. Concentration or dressing of the ore.
3. Reduction to free metal.
4. Purification or refining of the metal.